1985: Mutual Assured Destruction combines 1985: Under an Iron Sky, 1985: Deadly Northern Lights and 1985: Sacred Oil into a single, die-hard, collateral damage inducing campaign codenamed To Shatter The Old World.
Please note that right now 1985: MAD is not a new physical product, but a downloadable add-on. Three different campaigns are included, all having Central Europe as the most important and decisive war theatre:
- Campaign 1: UAIS + DNL + SO
- Campaign 2: UAIS + SO
- Campaign 3: UAIS + DNL
Mutual Assured Destruction also adds new aspects having a significant impact on the conduct of operations. Some examples are:
- Operation Volgograd: Warsaw Pact must decide among three different mobilisation time schedules, each with its own pros and cons.
- Strategic Transport Points: Warsaw Pact railroads and heavy lifters capacity, limiting the strategic movement of the troops.
- Carrier Battlegroups: NATO CVBGs from 1985:DNL are now represented down to the single vessel.
- NATO Mobilisation: NATO could react to the growing tension by forward deploying and finally mobilising.
Last but not least, the layout has been changed and several rules reorganized using a (hopefully) better logic.
Additional MAD Counters
A dozen new counters have been added: