Two unboxing videos for 1985: Under an Iron Sky came out recently!
The first one is from the veteran VLogger Ardwulf, published on his Ardwulf’s Lair channel:
The second is a very entertaining and unusual video by Gimpy’s Gal and Gimpy Gamer 🙂
- Do you enjoy cold water and sub-arctic climate?
- Do you crave for spending whole days inside a converted civilian ferry that could be sunk any time by a Soviet Kilo submarine?
- Your idea of a wonderful weekend is being stranded on a Norwegian cliff surrounded by 4000 Russian trying to kill you?
- Do you own 1985: Deadly Northern Lights?
If you’ve answered YES to all of the above, then 1985: Deadly Northern Lights VASSAL playtest is for you!
You will test the Order of Battle and the module functions, and if you are really bold you could also be enlisted for preparing one or more scenario setup.
AFNORTH needs YOU! Enlist by writing to info@TRLGames.com!
….and COVID took the Wargaming Conventions.
As there will be no conventions in the foreseeable future, we decided to send to the front the strategic reserve of copies kept until now for conventions usage. In plain terms, this means:
- 15 copies of 1985: Deadly Northern Lights, with shipping from Europe, are immediately available to the fastest guns.
- 50 copies of 1985: Under an Iron Sky Third Echelon, with shipping from US and Europe, will be available soon.
As a side note, 1985: Under an Iron copies are now moving to the distribution points….Europe shipping should begin next week, US and Canada could take a little longer as they have to traverse the North Atlantic SLOC.
Oh well that’s it….The Convention Is Dead, Long Live to the Convention!
SITREP 20200730 1300 ZT: Following the tradition of the previous offensives, this one too was fast and bloody. 1985:DNL copies are gone, but stay tuned in the next few days for the fifty 1985:UAIS ones!
SITREP 20200804 1836 ZT: The 50 remaining copies of 1985: Under an Iron Sky – Third Echelon are now available on the product page!
This Tuesday we’ll have a chat about games and Cold War on Whiskey Charlie Channel – with Maurice Fitzgerald (Moe’s Table), Kev Sharp (BigBoardGaming), Anthony Morphet and Fabrizio Vianello (TRLGames)…don’t go AWOL!!
Here’s a gallery of the Grognards reporting from the AFNORTH Front!
Thanks to everybody for supporting us in what has probably been our biggest endeavor until now.
Once again, Grognard Emeritus Kaya Moriya translated the whole “1985” set of rules into Japanese! Kudos to him!
1985: Under an Iron Sky – Third Echelon will begin production printing in a few days! As we’re going to mobilize several extra divisions to be used as strategic reserve for conventions and so on, it will be possible to order a copy for a few more days.
Last chance to Report For Duty, before KGB reports you!
After two years of worldwide unrest and open revolts, the TRL Central Committee finally surrendered to popular demand. A Third Echelon of 1985: Under an iron Sky will be mobilized.
As this will be a small and very expensive (on our side) print run, we are forced to change our usual “we just print it, you decide later” policy. Think about it as a sort of Kickstarter, with the difference that you’ll get your money back should things go wrong.
The minimum number of 200 ordered copies has already been reached, so Third Echelon is now MOBILIZED and nothing will stop it.
Here’s the Rules of Engagement:
- Third Echelon will be identical to the previous two except for updated rules, some extra counters and the “Third Echelon” label on the box.
- We’ll keep the recruitment office open until June, 15th. After that date, no orders will be accepted and production print will start.
Do your duty and enlist to defend the Rodina from the capitalist aggression! Move out to the front!