Here’s a low-res, sneak peek of the countersheets, ready for production print…..real Grognards should notice that US 4th Infantry Division is included.
Moreover, here’s the Campaigns and Scenarios List 🙂
- The Day That Never Comes, three Warsaw Pact Armies against US V Corps (Full or Short Campaign).
- One Minute to Midnight, all-out chemical and nuclear warfare after several weeks of build-up (Full Campaign).
- The Eleventh Hour, the first desperate hours of US 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment.
- Steps of Our Fathers, West German 5th Panzer Division finds itself on Warsaw Pact’s main attack axis.
- Spearhead, US 3rd Armored Division must stop 8th Guards Army and send reinforcements North
DEFCON 1 is getting near…..reserve a copy by writing to info@TRLGames.com or Reporting for Duty on this BoardGameGeek thread.
Yes, printing of combat equipment has started! First completed parts will be:
- Box, standard 31x23x5 cm….cheaper to ship than “1985: Under an Iron Sky”.
- 40 Action and Event Cards, affecting both NATO and Warsaw Pact.
As already happened for “1985”, this is a limited print run….if you wish to reserve a copy, send an email to info@TRLGames.com or write “Reporting for Duty!” in this BoardGameGeek thread.
Last part of Less Than 60 Miles Designer’s Notes has been published in exclusive by Big Board Gaming!
Actually, it’s more an essay about how to conduct Operations during a NATO – Warsaw Pact conflict. Find more at the following link!
Designer’s Notes Part 3 on Big Board Gaming
An After Action Report for Playtest Session 15, centered on West German 5th Panzer Division efforts against Soviet 1st Guards Tank Army.
It’s Soviet hordes invading German Fatherland. Again.
Work on Less Than 60 Miles is proceeding well on several fronts…Playtest, Designer’s Notes, graphics and more.
Some fresh details on the scenarios already defined:
- Scenario 1 – The Eleventh Hour
11th Armored Cavalry delay action against 8th Guards Army.
- Scenario 2 – Steps of Our Fathers
West German 5th PanzerDivision facing Warsaw Pact’s main thrust by 1st Guards Tank Army.
- Scenario 3 – Spearhead
US 3rd Armored Division must contain Soviet 8th Guards Army and send reinforcements North.
- Scenario 4 – The Day That Never Comes
The critical first 48 hours of war.
- Campaign 1 – OPLAN 33001
After 40 years of planning and maneuvers, this is not a drill anymore.
On the graphics side, here’s a snapshot of several components at their final version…..Actually, I’ve learned that you can label a version as “Final” only after production print has been completed.
For example, we’re still discussing the possibility of adding US 4th Infantry Division to NATO OOB, as reinforcements starting from D+9. We’ll see what happens 🙂
In exclusive to Big Board Gaming, Part Two of the Designer’s Notes for our upcoming new title: Less Than 60 Miles.
Go read it at the following link! Designer’s Notes Part 2 on Big Board Gaming
First post and preview images on Thin Red Line Games’ next project!
C3: Less Than 60 Miles Developer’s Blog