The first part of the Designers’ Notes for Die Festung Hamburg is now online, in exclusive on BigBoardGaming!
As usual, we were keeping a small strategic reserve in Europe earmarked for emergencies and counterattacks.…..Tonight, SACEUR ordered to commit a significant part of it to the front.
Please be aware that:
- The equipment will be airlifted from France. Deployment to non-European fronts can be expensive (40+ Euros)
- France POMCUS is out of Field Manuals (the 8-pages examples booklet). The original booklet is downloadable here, and to make up for its absence each box will contain one extra 98×75 cm map of NORTHAG Sector 1, useful for planning / reserve / War Room poster.
SITREP UPDATE 20230130 1531ZT: Fighting definitively stopped on the whole front. There’s no survivors.
Once again John Rainey, our embedded Combat Engineer, delivers the essential tool for a fully digital, integrated operational warfare!
Be sure to have the latest VASSAL version installed, and all the Field Manuals at hand.
- Die Festung Hamburg is officially out of stock! Once again, it was a short and bloody battle.
- Orders already received are safe from nuclear strikes and will reach the front ASAP.
- A small strategic reserve is mantained and could be used at SACEUR’s discretion.
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
NORTHAG EXORD 103-85 – EMERGENCY PRIORITY
1. You will be aware that:
- Op WARDEN and OP RESTORE were initiated on 22 Jul 85
- Full Transfer of Authority to NATO was given at 231600ZJul85.
- SACEUR declared GENERAL ALERT and ordered the deployment of NATO forces at 231605ZJul85.
2. I regret to inform you that notwithstanding the above the forces of the Warsaw Pact crossed the Inner German Border and other international borders throughout Europe at 240400ZJul85.
3. We are now in a state of war with the countries of the Warsaw Pact.
1. Immediately execute GDP 85 and EUCOM OPLAN 4102.
1. Connect to the TRLGames site at https://trlgames.com/prodotto/die-festung-hamburg
2. Acquire the combat equipment.
3. Video coverage of the latest events can be found at the following link:
(Turn your audio equipment ON).
Good Luck to you all,
Sir Nigel Bagnall
General, NORTHAG Commander in Chief
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
A preview of some of the units committed by NATO and Warsaw Pact into the North German Plain. The sector will be covered by the upcoming C3 module #3, Die Festung Hamburg.
Avoid the shame of being forcefully drafted! Enlist TODAY by writing to info@TRLGames.com!
Remember, your Country expects YOU to do your duty!
Thanks to Grognard Emeritus Santiago Conde, a greyscale planning map for The Dogs of War, complete with operational objectives.
Thanks to our Embedded Combat Engineer John Rainey, a new version for The Dogs of War Vassal module is here. And yes, the extension allowing to use it in combination with Less Than 60 Miles is ready too!
300 kilometres of World War Three front, with more than 5 Warsaw Pact Armies smashing against 5 NATO Corps. Forget about tomorrow.
Installing The Dogs of War Module:
- Download and install the latest VASSAL version (3.5.3)
- Download C3_The Dogs of War_v1_15.zip
- Unzip C3_The Dogs of War_v1_15.zip
- Open C3_The Dogs of War.vmod with Vassal
Installing the Combined Modules Extension:
- Download C3_Combined Campaign_v1.zip
- Unzip C3_Combined Campaign_v1.zip in the same directory of the TDOW module
- Open Vassal, right click on The Dogs of War module and select “Add Extension”
As already happened last year, we were keeping a small The Dogs of War strategic reserve in Europe, earmarked for future conventions…..Needless to say, no convention is in sight, so part of the reserve is now committed to the front!
Also, please be aware that this equipment is shipped from Europe. CONUS and Canada should expect higher than usual shipping costs due to Soviet activity in North Atlantic.
SITREP 20210323 0734ZT: A Sukhoi-24 strike destroyed the depot. No more reserve equipment is available.