Another short transcript from the personal diary of 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment Commander.
Category: Less Than 60 Miles
Less Than 60 Miles – DEFCON 2
Production Print and Assembling reported as complete. Today at 1951 Zulu Time DEFCON has been raised to LEVEL 2.
According to SHAPE, possible scenarios in the imminent conflict are:
- The Day That Never Comes: Three Warsaw Pact Armies against US V Corps
- One Minute to Midnight: All-out chemical and nuclear warfare after several weeks of tension and build-up
- The Eleventh Hour: The first desperate hours of US 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
- Steps of Our Fathers: West German 5th Panzer Division finds itself on the main attack axis
- Spearhead: US 3rd Armored Division must stop 8th Guards Army and send reinforcements North
Complete photographic coverage of equipment and components detail follows.
Report for duty at the following BoardGameGeek link:
11th ACR Commander’s Diary – June 9, 1985
A short, unpublished historical document about the days immediately preceding World War Three outbreak.
LT60M – DEFCON 3 Declared
More “Less Than 60 Miles” Production Print finished today.
According to reliable sources, Joint Chiefs of Staff raised DEFCON Level to 3 today at 1945 CET.
Report for Duty at the following link:
BigBoardGaming Raising Tension over “Less Than 60 Miles”
“Less Than 60 Miles”, Countersheets and Scenarios
Here’s a low-res, sneak peek of the countersheets, ready for production print…..real Grognards should notice that US 4th Infantry Division is included.
Moreover, here’s the Campaigns and Scenarios List 🙂
- The Day That Never Comes, three Warsaw Pact Armies against US V Corps (Full or Short Campaign).
- One Minute to Midnight, all-out chemical and nuclear warfare after several weeks of build-up (Full Campaign).
- The Eleventh Hour, the first desperate hours of US 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment.
- Steps of Our Fathers, West German 5th Panzer Division finds itself on Warsaw Pact’s main attack axis.
- Spearhead, US 3rd Armored Division must stop 8th Guards Army and send reinforcements North
DEFCON 1 is getting near…..reserve a copy by writing to info@TRLGames.com or Reporting for Duty on this BoardGameGeek thread.
“Less Than 60 Miles” Production Print
Yes, printing of combat equipment has started! First completed parts will be:
- Box, standard 31x23x5 cm….cheaper to ship than “1985: Under an Iron Sky”.
- 40 Action and Event Cards, affecting both NATO and Warsaw Pact.
As already happened for “1985”, this is a limited print run….if you wish to reserve a copy, send an email to info@TRLGames.com or write “Reporting for Duty!” in this BoardGameGeek thread.
“Less Than 60 Miles” Designer’s Notes, Part 3
Last part of Less Than 60 Miles Designer’s Notes has been published in exclusive by Big Board Gaming!
Actually, it’s more an essay about how to conduct Operations during a NATO – Warsaw Pact conflict. Find more at the following link!
Designer’s Notes Part 3 on Big Board Gaming