In just three years, war has changed and become even more deadly.
Troops who started fighting the Scandinavian Campaign in the First Echelon can now increase their combat effectiveness by upgrading to the latest, more advanced equipment used by the Second Echelon forces.
NOTE: This is a free, downloadable Print-and-Play. You will need a good printer, some heavy photographic paper, and probably your local printing shop for the updated LOC map as it measures 100×60 cm.Continue reading 1985:DNL First Echelon Upgrade Kit
A big THANK YOU to every Grognard who supported us! Report to the nearest office of the Directorate for the Evaluation and Assignment of Patriotic Honors and Decorations to receive your Order of Kutuzov, 1st Class.
A preview of some of the units committed by NATO and Warsaw Pact into the North German Plain. The sector will be covered by the upcoming C3 module #3, Die Festung Hamburg.
Avoid the shame of being forcefully drafted! Enlist TODAY by writing to info@TRLGames.com!
Remember, your Country expects YOU to do your duty!
Sacred Oil. A classical Cold War escalation turning into a dangerous regional conflict, and finally into a global war between superpowers.
How did it come to this? Find out more in the Designers’ Notes.
Grognard Emeritus Kaya Moriya is back from the front, bringing three new booklet translation in Japanese! Here they are:
- 1985: Sacred Oil Rules, Japanese Version 1.1
- 1985: Mutual Assured Destruction Rules, Japanese Version 2.0
- 1985: Mutual Assured Destruction Campaign, Japanese Version 2.0
A big thank you to Kaya for his outstanding support!
In war, every small bit of information could be crucial and in the end make the difference.
This Historical Notes article presents additional insight into the campaign background, the official plans and the forces available as they were seen before the war began, and could help theatre commanders to better prepare for the upcoming challenge.
1. At 20220714 1441ZT NATO and Warsaw Pact announced that an agreement for an immediate ceasefire has been reached.
2. Hostile actions against Warsaw Pact forces must cease immediately, except when needed to respond an attack or to stop attempts by opposing forces to further advance in the territory of NATO or any other friendly nation in the AFNORTH region.
3. 1985: Deadly Northern Lights Second Echelon is officially OUT OF STOCK.
4. Orders already received are safely stored in an atomic proof bunker and are guaranteed to survive.
5. Even though it was a small operation, 1985: Deadly Northern Lights established a new record with a life span of 72 hours only. A big thank you to all the troops who made this possible! The next goal will be a conflict shorter than a global thermonuclear war.
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
- At 19850723 2100ZT, Transfer of Authority of NATO forces to SACEUR and subordinate commands has been approved during a NATO emergency meeting
- At 19850724 0400ZT, Warsaw Pact forces launched a coordinated land, air and naval offensive against AFCENT and AFNORTH
- Heavy fighting reported along the Inner German Border, possible WP main effort in NORTHAG sector
- Confirmed WP amphibious / airmobile assault on Kobenhavn – situation still fluid, city outskirts enemy-controlled
- Confirmed WP amphibious assault 20km North of Narvik incurred in moderate losses and successfully landed regiment-sized Soviet naval infantry
- Unconfirmed brigade-sized Soviet airdrops at Bodø and Trondheim
- No reported WP use of Chemical / Nuclear assets, Nuclear Weapons NOT RELEASED
All assigned forces secure the combat equipment. Enemy forces are expected to have full intel about the ongoing operation within 24H and take countermeasures to capture or destroy any equipment not yet secured.
Additional HUMINT and IMINT available at the following link:
- Connect to TRLGames.com site and proceed to the “Shop” section
- Click on the “1985: Deadly Northern Lights – SE” equipment
- Acquire the combat equipment
- Move to the assigned area of the FEBA
General Sir Richard George Lawson
THIS IS NOT A DRILL